Thursday, March 6, 2008

Hilton Alexandria Mark Center- One of my favorites I've decided!


Hilton Alexandria Mark Center, Alexandria, VA

I have stayed here twice for work now, and having stayed in other hotels, I realize how much I enjoy it!

The rooms are very comfortable, the second time I had one with a mini bar setup with full coffee station and drink mixer and everything!
The beds are very comfortable, and I'm doing my research to actually buy the same pillows they use at the Hiltons. I also love the hair dryers.
The conference facilities are gorgeous as well.

I have only a few complaints and they were small.
The shower makes a very strange whistling/banging noise that gets really loud when you are in the shower!
Housekeeping knocked on our door every day at 8:30 in the morning! We had barely even woken up yet, that is too early!
After the first couple of days the cleaning person stopped restocking our breakfast room service card so we had to call down each morning.
We ate room service a lot because it was just too much of a hassle to go out every night after being in meetings all day (there is not much in walking distance...) and usually it was great, but once for breakfast the main part of one of our meals was not even on the plate. Another night we ordered dinner and we were not brought a table (there was not one in the room), there was only one set of silverware for two meals, and the food was already cold and it was obvious it had been sitting around, let alone by the time we got the rest of our things to eat with! That surprised us as we had been having a great experience with the food.

The hotel restaurant is nice, but the menu is limited and you get tired of it after a couple of days. Do your research for other places to eat if you're going to be for a while, the staff is also not very helpful. The first time I stayed there I tried to explain to one of the concierges how I found a restaurant on THEIR website so he could make us reservations and he did not understand me at all. I ended up going behind the desk and finding the website myself so we could call.

Overall this is a very nice, and beautiful place and great for business, but I wouldn't mind staying closer to the DC downtown areas if I were going for pleasure.

Overall score: **** (4 stars)
What I loved:Comfortable beds, beautiful facilities
Not so much: Location far from attractions, limited dining, difficult to communicate with staff, internet is pricey!

No comments: