Saturday, March 8, 2008

Ellen's Stardust Diner- We're amongst friends!


I've been to Ellen's about a dozen times and have never had a bad experience.

Yes- breakfast is slow. I would like to see anyone here belt showtunes first thing in the morning!

We went on vacation in NYC last August and ate almost every meal at Ellen's, because our hotel was right around the corner. By the end of the trip the wait staff knew us and we're all friends on myspace now.
Maybe you have to be a lover of musical theater (and the world of trying to "make it") to truly appreciate it, but many of these kids have been in shows or are between shows. They're all very talented.
My sister and I actually ended up being in a show with one of the waitresses and she remembered us! Just a hint- the more into it you are, the more into it they will be.

Also- I find the food to be delicious, as well as the drinks, and I love that they have wine, beer, etc, as well.
Last time we ate there was before RENT everyone remembered us, and our food came in a matter of minutes. We actually allowed ourselves way too much time before our show and kept ordering drinks so we wouldn't have to leave! (and they didn't want us to)
Ellen's was actually our first stop in the city after our hotel.

I will always go there when I'm in the city, even if it is just for a milkshake and to say hi!

Overall Score: *****! (5 stars!)

No comments: