Tuesday, June 17, 2008

Firestone's Restaurant- Woodstock, VT


Firestone's
http://www.firestonesrestaurant.net/

On the search for dinner before ascending Mt. Killington for a conference, I randomly ended up at the Firestone Restaurant and had no regrets.

It must be absolutely majestic in the winter, as it's beautiful even in the off season. The door to the place resembles that of a mythical castle, and when you walk in, it's like entering a giant ski lodge. Everything is made of wood, there's a fire burning, and the bar is accented with strings of twinkle lights. The ambiance is to die for! And this was before I even had food!


Our waitress was very friendly and brought us our drinks quickly while we browsed the menu. We began the meal with a smoked salmon platter that had decent sized portions of smoked salmon rolled up with capers, as well as onions a small salad of greens and a dipping sauce. We also got a basket of delicious bread with two different types of homemade butter to start our meal.


This restaurant prides itself on its flatbread pizza, and they were delicious. My colleague got a cheese and mushroom pizza with three different kinds of mushrooms, and we ended up getting most of it to go since it was so large (good thing since there was no food at our hotel)! I decided on the mediterranean pasta with kalamata olives, feta cheese, and artichokes, which surpasses my expectations and was exactly what I had been hoping for!

The meal was very enjoyable, and we left, very full and content with our leftovers. For both of our entrees, appetizer, and a salad, the bill was less than $50.
I would definitely recommend this restaurant to anyone who wants a great meal in a cozy atmosphere and I will make sure to return if I am back in the area!!





Overall: **** (4 out of 5 stars)
What I loved: the food, the atmosphere, the service.
Not so much: very out of the way unless you're heading to Killington....